Facilitated by a Registered Nurse this workshop is designed to provide staff with the knowledge and skills needed to ensure that each participant requiring enteral feeding and management receives appropriate nutrition, fluids and medication relevant and proportionate to their individual needs.
Group bookings (up to 10 people) $440
Travel and accommodation costs may apply
2 hour duration
Qualified Health Practitioner
Individual or Groups
What is Included?
- Anatomy, physiology and rationale for PEG feeding
- Nutritional supplements used for PEG feeding
- Maintaining feeding tubes and correctly performing tube feeding
- Administering medication via the PEG
- Optimal oral care
- Responding to emergencies such as dislodgement of the tube
Who Should Attend?
Clients and their family members, direct care workers, team leaders, supervisors and managers of aged care and disability services
This is a 2 hour workshop where participants will receive 3 CPD points.